Available in all 50 states
Bankers Insurance will quote your car insurance with many insurance companies and present your options. As an independent insurance agency we aren’t tied to a single company, but instead have many resources from which to draw.
- Quality insurance products and competitive pricing
- All major national and regional insurance companies
- Standard auto policies or packages with home
- Flexible Payment Options
- Good driver discounts
- Good student discounts
- Many other discounts available
- Expertise with courteous service
We can insure
- All Cars, trucks, and SUVs
- Sports cars, speciality cars, and farm vehicles
- Antique cars and trucks
- Uber, Lyft, and all ridesharing
- Motorcycles and ATVs
- Golf carts
- Cars used in delivery/courier services
- SR22 and FR44 policies available
Enjoy low rates and quality protection.
Why shop your car insurance coverage yourself when Bankers Insurance is contracted with all major insurance carriers, plus many quality regional insurers. In total, we are contracted with over three hundred companies. Take advantage of our buying power. One of our experienced agents will shop your coverage and present competitively-priced quotes. Lean on our experience to provide the highest quality insurance for the lowest price.
No two clients are the same and every insurance company offers different discounts. What is best for your neighbor may not be what is right for you. Have a child that recently started driving? We can sympathize with your increase in premium. Or maybe they’re away at school and took a vehicle with them. Have you moved recently? These are all examples of changes that can affect your insurance coverage and PREMIUM. And because insurance companies are not the same, the company that had your lowest rates before may not be the best fit for the future. Let us shop your car insurance coverage and demonstrate how we can match you to the best-suited company and save money in the process.
Car Insurance Coverages
Every driver assumes a degree of liability when they sit behind the wheel. If responsible for an accident, liability coverage on your car insurance policy protects you for injuries to people and damage to property, including other vehicles.
- Bodily Injury Liability: Minimum recommended coverages for bodily injury liability are at least $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident. State required limits are usually much lower, but many times are inadequate to fully protect you. The largest auto insurance claim our agency has ever seen was for a routine accident, but the injured party requires lifetime healthcare. Costs are currently $2.5 million and climbing.
- Property Damage Liability: Covers you for damage to physical items such as cars, buildings, or property. If you rear-end another vehicle, this coverage pays for the other vehicle. If you accidentally run into a building, your physical damage liability pays to repair the building and other damaged property. In other words, it pays to repair things you damage, but not your vehicle. Minimum recommended limits are $100,000.
- Combined Single Limit: Instead of maintaining several different insurance limits, they can be combined into a single limit that covers bodily injury and property damage together. When a combined single limit is selected, we recommend at least $500,000 of protection.
Comprehensive insurance is an optional coverage, but is required by lending institutions if a lien is carried. It protects your vehicle for damage caused by things other than a collision. Despite it’s name, it does not protect against everything, but includes:
- Fallen trees, limbs, and other falling objects
- Damage limited to glass
- Natural disasters (hurricane, tornado, earthquake)
- Damage by animals
Claim examples from our clients:
- Following a dump truck, a rock dropped from the bed, bounced on the road, and cracked our client’s windshield.
- A light pole fell onto our client’s pickup, crushing the bed.
- Hail damage
- High water during a rainstorm flooded our client’s vehicle, ruining the engine.
- While at a stoplight, our client’s truck started to smoke. Within minutes, the entire vehicle was engulfed by flames.
Similar to the comprehensive insurance, collision insurance is optional, but will be required by your bank if a lien is on the vehicle. It protects you for damage to your vehicle caused while it is in motion. Some examples can include:
- Running into another vehicle
- Running off the road
- Colliding with a stationary object, such as a tree
- Running through a large pothole
In these instances, damage to your vehicle would be covered by collision insurance, but damage to the other vehicle (or object) would be paid from the property damage portion of your car insurance.
Optional coverages for car insurance policies:
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Protection if you have an accident with a negligent driver who is not insured.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Insurance for if you have an accident with a negligent driver who has insurance, but it isn’t enough to pay for damages to yourself, your passengers, or your vehicle.
- Medical and/or Personal Injury Protection: For medical costs in the event of an accident, paid regardless of who was at fault. Some states require these coverages.
- Transportation Expense: To help pay for a rental vehicle if you cannot drive your car after a covered loss.
- Towing Coverage: For the cost of towing your disabled vehicle to a repair shop.
- Loan Gap: Once you drive a new car off the lot, it decreases in value. So, if you have an accident 1,000 miles later, standard coverage would not be enough to pay off what you owe on the vehicle. Loan gap coverage protects against this eventuality.
How To Start
- Complete the form above or give us a call!
- Have the year, make, model, and VIN number of your vehicle(s) handy.
- It is easiest if you have the license numbers of all drivers in your household.
Car Insurance Discounts and Credits
When buying car insurance, cost is certainly a factor. In order to keep costs low, many insurance companies offer coverage options and credits. For example, we can price different deductible options to help keep your auto insurance costs down.
Below is a list of the most popular credits:
- Good claims history
- Good payment history
- Multi-policy discounts, such as homeowner’s with Bankers Insurance
- Completed a defensive driving course
- Youthful drivers on your policy if they have completed approved driver training and have good grades
- Specifically qualifying safety or anti-theft features
- Many more discounts available.
Why Bankers Insurance?
Anyone can be an order-taker. Bankers Insurance is different.
We don’t expect clients to be car insurance experts. Take advantage of our experience. We can explain options and help you determine coverage that suits your needs.
As your insurance agent, we strive to know you. Only then can we suggest coverage that fits. We look for coverage gaps and offer protection. With us, you get the benefit of:
Each of our clients is assigned a specific insurance agent in our office and provided a phone number that rings on their desk. And each agent has a backup in case they are out for any reason. Though any one of our agents can help, nothing beats speaking with the person familiar with your account.
Bankers Insurance is local. Our agents live in the neighborhood. No one enjoys talking to a call center or exchanging email when in urgent need of service or if a claim arises.
Fast, Courteous Service
We serve our clients with dignity and respect.
Want to pay for your car insurance directly to the company? Monthly? By credit card? We can find a billing option that suits you.
Product and service are important, but with Bankers Insurance you also get low pricing. Our insurance companies compete for your business, resulting in low prices for you.
Quality Insurance Products
We primarily represent “A” rated insurance carriers, verified by AM Best. Our car insurance products are designed to meet a variety of needs. We tailor insurance coverages to you.