Why wait until your policy renews? Call (877) 606-1375 today.
Seafood Insurance For
- Growers & Harvesters
- Processors & Packers
- Wholesalers & Retailers
- All others in between
- The best prices in the industry
- Expertise with prompt, courteous service
- Spoilage coverage available
- Available in ALL states
Single Lines or Complete Commercial Packages
- General Liability
- Commercial Auto / Truck
- Umbrella / Excess Liability / Bumbershoot
- Workers Compensation
- Business Income
- Protection and Indemnity (Hull & Liability)
- Crew (Jones Act)
We never share your information. Unsubscribe any time.
At Bankers Insurance, the client is always in control.
You’ve worked hard to develop your brand. Bankers can help you protect it.
The seafood industry is filled with fiercely independent and hardworking people. Although there may be some similarities, no two businesses are the same. Bankers Insurance earned a niche offering seafood insurance by working to understand our clients. You know your business better than anyone. We’re here to help protect what you built. Let our expertise work for you.
Concerned about a seafood insurance claim for foodborne illness? What about spoilage? Paying too much for workers’ compensation? Are your watercraft and crew properly insured? Whatever your toughest insurance questions or needs, we can help.
If you grow or handle live clams, oysters, conch, whelk, fish, or other live seafood, you need to talk to us about covering your stock which is excluded from most machinery breakdown/spoilage policies as “live animals”.
Seafood Insurance Products:
- Buildings, Warehouses, Outbuildings
- Contents and Business Property
- Machinery & Equipment
- Business Income / Extra Expense
- General Liability
- Product Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Employment Practices
- Directors & Officers
- Data Breach
Commercial Auto / Truck
- Physical Damage
- Spoilage while in transit
Workers Compensation protects the employee in the event of a work-related injury. It covers health care bills, portions of lost wages, plus disability. Workers comp also protects the business from their employee suing them for a work-related injury.
Protection and Indemnity
- Crew (Jones Act)
- Product Recall
- Crisis Response
- Brand Repair
- All Others
- Product: Contamination may be caused many factors and is often difficult to determine. Contamination can occur during handling, processing, or may be in the product when harvested. This is one of the largest exposures in seafood industry since contamination can cause severe illness, permanent injury, or even death of customers.
- Equipment breakdown: Particularly for refrigerated stock. Pump breakdown for live stock.
- Inland Marine: For product in transit, there is a risk of loss should the truck break down or its cooling system fail.
- Cooking / Steaming / Canning: Boilers, heating, and cooking equipment must be well maintained to prevent fire or explosion.
- Property: Proper valuation needed for refrigerated premises.
- Commercial Auto & Truck: Especially prevalent if a business delivers their product. Driver controls are recommended. Reference our article on establishing a proper Driver Hiring Program.
- Premises Liability: Clearly identified locations for customers verses shipping and receiving. Truck movements must be controlled. Slip-and-falls in association with premises. Parking lots must be well maintained and lit.
- Workers Compensation: Due to moving equipment, cleaning, scaling, shucking, slicing, cooking, lifting, water exposure, United States Longshore and Harbor Workers Act.
- Jones Act.: See below.
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto: Exposure due to employees driving their own vehicles between locations or doing business errands in their own vehicles. Company renting/leasing of vehicles, even as a temporary replacement, is sometimes an overlooked exposure.
- Further seafood insurance risk detail
- General Liability
- Property: Buildings, inventory, stock (including live stock), computer systems, equipment, and goods in transit.
- Inland Marine: Equipment breakdown, including consequential loss of stock.
- Commercial Auto & Truck
- Workers Compensation – including USL&H or Jones Act in some circumstances. Reference white paper above.
Why Bankers Insurance?
Anyone can be an order-taker. Bankers Insurance is different.
We offer choices and expertise. We don’t expect clients to be seafood insurance experts. Take advantage of our experience. We can explain your options and help you determine the right coverages.
As your insurance agent, we strive to know you. Only then can suggest the coverage that suits your specific needs. We look for coverage gaps to help ensure complete protection. With us, you get the benefit of:
Each one of our clients is assigned a specific insurance agent in our office. You will have the phone number that rings on their desk. And each agent has a backup in case they are out for any reason. Though any one of our agents can help, nothing beats speaking with the person familiar with your account.
Bankers Insurance is local. Our agents live in the local community. No one enjoys talking to an 800 number or exchanging email when in urgent need of service or if a claim has arisen.
Fast, Courteous Service
We serve our clients with dignity and provide “no excuse” customer service.
Want to pay for your seafood insurance directly to the company? Monthly? By credit card? Through escrow? We can find a billing option that suits you.
Product and service are important, but with Bankers Insurance you also get low pricing. Our insurance companies compete for your business, resulting in low prices for you.
Quality Insurance Products
We represent “A” rated insurance carriers, verified by AM Best. Our seafood insurance products are designed to meet a variety of needs. We tailor insurance coverages to you.