Our Defense Base Act Insurance Products
- DBA Insurance
- Kidnap and ransom
- Travel Protection
- And all other insurance needs for your U.S. based operations
Who needs Defense Base Act insurance?
The Defense Base Act provides workers’ compensation-type protection to certain employees working overseas. We provide DBA insurance coverage for workers employed in a variety of operations. Defense Base Act insurance is not limited to the defense industry but is required for employees:
- At any military base outside the U.S.,
- Upon any foreign lands used by/for the U.S. military,
- Employed upon any public work outside the continental U.S.,
- Employed under a contract with the U.S., performed outside the U.S., or
- Subcontractors of the prime, performing any of the above.
To summarize, an employer working on just about any project performed outside the U.S., on behalf of the U.S., whether the work be military or non-military, is required to carry DBA insurance. Subcontractors should review their contracts to ensure the source of this coverage is clearly identified, whether they obtain it themselves or through the prime contractor.
We never share your information. Unsubscribe any time.
At Bankers Insurance, the client is always in control.