Last winter we received many claims for frozen pipes, water damage, and vehicle collisions. Several of our clients even experienced collapsed roofs, damage to heating systems, and limbs breaking and falling onto vehicles. Prevent frozen pipes and get ready for this winter’s next cold snap!
Below are resources to help prevent damage to homes and businesses caused by winter weather. They can help identify and mitigate cold weather damage. Frozen pipes aren’t the only risk!
Resources courtesy of Cincinnati Insurance.
Advanced Tips from the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety
- Preventing Ice Dams on Homes
- Last-Minute Winter Weather Checklist for Protecting Homes and Businesses
- Prevent Damage from Frozen Pipes
- Prevent Roof Collapse on Homes
- Business Winter Weather Guidance
- Reduce Damage to Homes from Alternative Heating Sources (such as wood stoves or space heaters)
- Install Weather Stripping and Seals
For more information, contact your Bankers Insurance agent. Not a client of ours? Let us compete for your business. Each of our clients is assigned a personal agent in our office, given their email address, and provided a phone number that rings right on their desk.