This is why you have insurance, to step in and help when the unfortunate occurs. As a client of Bankers Insurance, we have your back and are here to serve. As your independent insurance agent, we are your advocate. We are not employees of any insurance company, so be assured we have your interests at heart.
Below are guidelines on what to do in case of an automobile accident. If ever in doubt, you can find them on our claims page. You can even initiate a claim while you’re there.
Auto Accident Claim Instructions
- Call 911 and attend to any injured parties.
- Move damaged vehicles out of the way of traffic to prevent other accidents.
- Contact Police: It is always advisable to report your auto accident to the local police, no matter how small, and request a copy of the police report. Stories change and innocent parties can be sued. A police report documents the situation.
- Obtain Insurance Information from all parties involved in the auto accident.
- Policy Number
- Insurance Carrier
- Obtain Contact Information from all parties and witnesses.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Photos: Take pictures of the auto accident site and anything that may have contributed to the accident. If in doubt, snap a photo. The more the better.
- Towing: Have the vehicle towed to a repair facility if it cannot be driven.
- Repair Estimate: Request an estimate for repair.
- Report Your Auto Accident Claim directly to the insurance carrier or to Bankers Insurance.
- Receipts: Keep receipts of any related expenses.
Expect to be contacted by a claims adjuster from your insurance company within two working days. Please Contact Us if you have not been contacted within that time frame. The claims adjuster will review the estimate and may send an appraiser to inspect the vehicle.
If an accident occurs during non-business hours, you can report it directly to your insurance carrier, or Contact Us on the next business day and we will initiate the claim. Either way.
If contacted by any party requesting compensation, refer them to your claims adjuster – that is what they are there for. Your claims adjuster will deal directly with the other party or their attorney. Do not speak with a claimant yourself.
Contact your Account Manager at (800) 541-1419 or visit our claims page for more information. Each one of our clients is assigned a personal agent in our office.